Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2019/02/20 22:42:27 UTC

[allura:tickets] Ticket 5743 discussion

- **status**: open --> duplicate
- **Comment**:

Will be fixed as part of [#6440]

---

** [tickets:#5743] Git browser utf-8 support [ss2664]**

**Status:** duplicate
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** support p3
**Created:** Mon Feb 04, 2013 08:58 PM UTC by Chris Tsai
**Last Updated:** Mon Oct 05, 2015 07:32 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

[forge:site-support:#2664]

>I recently added Doxygen definitions to one of my projects, and when examining the file with the Git browser, I noticed, in line 23, that the micro sign is not properly displayed.

>I know the old recommendation to use only ascii characters in source code files, but I think that most of the modern tools now support utf-8, and using them in comments wouldn't be a problem any more.

>Would it be possible to update the Git browser to properly display utf-8 characters?

>Regards,

>Liviu

https://sourceforge.net/p/micro-os-plus/second/ci/0dea3db601f300ddbaf7255155ee071349aaeb6e/tree/packages/portable/infra/include/TestSuite.h#l23

---