Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Ravi Kiran. G" <ra...@net-kraft.com> on 2002/11/14 14:30:31 UTC

Why does my progran log to console

Hi all,
    Having a small problem with log4j,
My log4j.properties file is as follows,

#Enable/Disable log4j parsing logs
log4j.debug=true

# Configure the root logger with
log4j.rootLogger=FATAL,

# New category for EventLogging
log4j.category.EventLogging=DEBUG, alarmlog
log4j.additivity.EventLogging=false

#Appender for EventLogging
log4j.appender.alarmlog=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.alarmlog.File=alarms.log
log4j.appender.alarmlog.Append=false
log4j.appender.alarmlog.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.alarmlog.layout.ConversionPattern=%m
log4j.appender.alarmlog.MaxFileSize=100KB

# Keep one backup file
log4j.appender.alarmlog.MaxBackupIndex=1

# New category for default logging
log4j.category.Log=WARN, mainlog
log4j.additivity.Log=false

# Appender for mainlog
log4j.appender.mainlog=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.mainlog.File=main.log
log4j.appender.mainlog.Append=false
log4j.appender.mainlog.layout=org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout
log4j.appender.mainlog.Threshold=WARN

Now when I log using the logger "EventLogging",  the events gets logged
correctly to a file called alarms.log, but it also gets printed on the
CONSOLE...I have not configure the console anywhere..why do I get it ??

Regards
-Ravi