Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org> on 2002/07/30 23:24:25 UTC

this..

anyone want to have a crack at telling me why I keep seeing this, its in
2.0a3, I don't trust 2.1a1 enough to have used it in anger yet.

 java.lang.RuntimeException: Did not find a record
Mail1028052929534-0-!1036393 in spool
        at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.retrieve(JDBCMailReposito
ry.java:443)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:205)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Executabl
eRunnable.java:47)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:8
6)

d.

Re: this..

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
The db repository doesn't seem to do a very good job locking for
whatever reason (not sure if it's a function of the caller or the
implementation itself), but occassionally a message will get processed,
then a second thread that was blocking errantly gets told to process
that same message ID.  That ID isn't there anymore, so it throws this
message.  If I remember correctly, it handles it cleanly by just
throwing the stack trace (to remind the developers to fix eventually),
but then picks right back up to try to process the next message.

--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com