Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/15 21:10:27 UTC

PeerSyncReplicationTest failure

I was wondering about the failures and tried to beast it on my Pro on
trunk which fails first time, every time with a NoSuchMethodError in
Lucene, see below.

I was wondering whether it would be a bad idea to release 6.4 with the
PeerSynch Test failure that shows up but didn't really look whether it
was trunk or 6x. Of course if this is only on trunk then it's
irrelevant for 6x.

Beasting 6x now.

2> 206460 ERROR (coreCloseExecutor-64-thread-1)
[n:127.0.0.1:51661_mx_ni c:collection1 s:shard1 r:core_node1
x:collection1] o.a.s.u.DirectUpdateHandler2 Error in final commit
   [junit4]   2> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.lucene.util.packed.DirectWriter.getInstance(Lorg/apache/lucene/store/IndexOutput;JI)Lorg/apache/lucene/util/packed/DirectWriter;
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.util.packed.DirectMonotonicWriter.flush(DirectMonotonicWriter.java:91)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.util.packed.DirectMonotonicWriter.finish(DirectMonotonicWriter.java:127)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene70.Lucene70DocValuesConsumer.addTermsDict(Lucene70DocValuesConsumer.java:478)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene70.Lucene70DocValuesConsumer.doAddSortedField(Lucene70DocValuesConsumer.java:437)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene70.Lucene70DocValuesConsumer.addSortedSetField(Lucene70DocValuesConsumer.java:571)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.perfield.PerFieldDocValuesFormat$FieldsWriter.addSortedSetField(PerFieldDocValuesFormat.java:129)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.index.SortedSetDocValuesWriter.flush(SortedSetDocValuesWriter.java:221)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.index.DefaultIndexingChain.writeDocValues(DefaultIndexingChain.java:248)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.index.DefaultIndexingChain.flush(DefaultIndexingChain.java:132)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriterPerThread.flush(DocumentsWriterPerThread.java:444)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.doFlush(DocumentsWriter.java:539)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.flushAllThreads(DocumentsWriter.java:653)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.prepareCommitInternal(IndexWriter.java:3001)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.commitInternal(IndexWriter.java:3211)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.commit(IndexWriter.java:3174)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.closeWriter(DirectUpdateHandler2.java:792)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.solr.update.DefaultSolrCoreState.closeIndexWriter(DefaultSolrCoreState.java:88)
   [junit4]   2>     at
org.apache.solr.update.DefaultSolrCoreState.close(DefaultSolrCoreState.java:379)

Re: PeerSyncReplicationTest failure

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
100 beast runs and no failures so this looks fixed by Alan's latest
SOLR-9906 push.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Pushkar:

Posted by Pushkar Raste <pu...@gmail.com>.
Erick,

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Uwe, I didn't _think_ what I was seeing was possible.

I was using Mark's beast script with the option set that's supposed to
do a clean-and-compie first when I saw that error, so I don't quite
know what was up with that.

But with a manual clean that error went away so I'm on to others.

Erick

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,