Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Sigler, John" <Jo...@sabre.com> on 2003/05/12 19:58:37 UTC

[logging] setting log levels

We have a customer requirement to allow the logging level and output log filename to be overridden via the command line (i.e., run "foo -l logfile.txt -mode debug") as well as set via an external file. Looking through the logging API I don't see a way to do either. Is it possible?

john sigler

Re: [logging] setting log levels

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
the commons logging API does not provide any ways configure the underlying
logging system. (this is intentional.)

so, you need to re-configure the underlying logging system directly. i can'
t really help you much more since i don't know which underlying logging
system you're using (for example, log4j or logkit).

- robert