Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by John <li...@johndubchak.com> on 2008/08/28 16:47:34 UTC

New to CXF - question with Sample

Hi,

I am new to CXF and trying to get familiar with it by running some of
the samples and trying my hand at writing a couple of simple webservices.

The question I have relates to the basic, HelloWorld, sample.  I have
created the server and it runs fine - dependencies are set up correctly.

However, when working on the client, there is a dependency on the
HelloWorld.class file, which I assume to be the actual remote webservice
interface.

How, in a real world scenario, does a client get a hold of this?  My
assumption is that I would get the WSDL for the remote service and then
do a wsdl2java on it and compile the generated interface as part of my
client application.

Is this correct?  If not, what is recommended?

Thanks very much.
John

Re: New to CXF - question with Sample

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
In general, the client would use wsdl2java to generate it's own classes.
However, within your enterprise, you can optimize things a bit.   For
example:

common.jar -
    Stores the wsdl contract.
    Runs wsdl2java and generates all the java bits

server.jar/war - depends on common.jar
    Contains the "Impl" that implements the interfaces in the common jar

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org