Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jigar Shah <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/08 20:49:55 UTC

deserialization question

I have Apache SOAP on the server side and C# on the
client side. I am sending complex data type from
server to client. In order to do that, I have written
custom serializers on the server side.

My question is:

Do I also have to write custom deserializer on C#
side?

It looks like WSDL has all the information of custom
data type, therefore shouldn't client be able to parse
the SOAP message by itself?

Right now on the client side I am getting the
following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException:
There is an error in XML document (16, 24). --->
System.InvalidCastException: Cannot assign object of
type System.Xml.XmlNode[] to an object of type
TransactionSet.

Thanks.