Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/30 16:21:02 UTC

Suggestion: Move some threads to the client-dev mailing list

A good portion of people and traffic on this list is questions about:

1) asytnax
2) cassandra-jdbc
3) cassandra native client
3) pyhtondra / whatever

With the exception of the native transport which is only half way part of
Cassandra, none of the these other client issues have much to do with core
cassandra at all. If someone authors a client library/driver/etc they
should be supporting it outside of the user@cassandra mailing list.

My suggestion: At minimum we should re-route these questions to client-dev
or simply say, "If it is not part of core Cassandra, you are looking in the
wrong place for support"

Edward

Re: Suggestion: Move some threads to the client-dev mailing list

Posted by Vivek Mishra <mi...@gmail.com>.
I totally agree.

-Vivek

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
+1

Also where can I learn more about pyhtondra ?

Cheers
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand