Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org> on 2019/02/05 23:04:55 UTC

Re: The etiquette of pocking people on Github and the policy when people stop responding

I think poking preferences are a fairly personal/subjective thing, and I
don't think we need a general formalized policy presently given the size of
our committer pool. I don't mind being poked often, for example.

I think it's enough to have an informal social understanding amongst the
committers for now ("this committer prefers to be poked less frequently,
let's keep that in mind").

For the case where a PR has enough approvals for merge but an incomplete
review from another committer, I think it's good to give that committer
some time to complete their review, but I would suggest a period of a 3-4
days; two weeks seems too long to me.

Thanks,
Jon