Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bart van der Schans <b....@onehippo.com> on 2012/01/25 18:58:14 UTC

Ip address parser bug?

Hi all,

Recently I ran into a strange ip parsing bug in a Allow from or Deny
from statement. When you have a colon in comment after the from <ip>
statement like this:

Allow from 66.6.6.6 # test : in comment

You get an error with: "The specified IP address is invalid."

Is this a known issue?

If you want to reproduce it in the test suite, just add "# test : in
comment" in t/modules/access.t on line 27 (trunk r1235848).

Regards,
Bart

Re: Ip address parser bug?

Posted by Bart van der Schans <b....@onehippo.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Mathijs <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using comments on the same line as configuration directives is not allowed
> (although it will probably work in some cases), see the second paragraph
> on http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/configuring.html#syntax

Thanks. Than it's no bug at all. I guess I should have read the manual first ;-)

Regards,
Bart

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Re: Ip address parser bug?