Posted to users@flex.apache.org by storo84 <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/07 15:28:39 UTC

App doesn't start at full screen after Android reboots

Hello guys,

I'm developing and Android application using the Flex 4.6 SDK version and
AIR 4.0 SDK. The tasks I'm concerned about are starting after the os boots
up and being a full screen application.

The application has the following manifest parameters (among others):
/
        <aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>
        <autoOrients>true</autoOrients>
        <fullScreen>true</fullScreen>
/
and:
/
        <application android:enabled="true">
                <activity android:excludeFromRecents="true">
                            <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.HOME" />
                            </intent-filter>
                </activity>
        </application>
/
So as you may see, the configuration is intended to launch the application
as the HOME app, in landscape mode as soon as the device starts.

The application does in fact do everything it's supposed to but when the
device boots up, the app does not starts in full screen because you can see
the notification/status bar. Next you may see the problem.
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n7550/STARTUP_PROBLEM.png>

What I need to do is to make the app start at full screen when the device
boots. Now, the only way to make it start at full screen mode is to restart
the application after the device finished booting up.

I hope you can help me solve this anoying problem.

Re: App doesn't start at full screen after Android reboots

Posted by storo84 <se...@gmail.com>.
Hello Neverbirth,

I couldn't have thought that it would be asking for full-screen too early,
since it's on the manifest and not on my code. It must be a bug related to
AIR SDK -I'm more inclined to think this rather than an Android OS bug,
since other apps work like a charm.

I followed your advice and used the following code:

*Manifest*

        /<fullScreen>false</fullScreen>/

*RootApp.mxml*

        /addedToStage="addedToStageHandler(event)"/

                        /**
			 * Forces application to be in full-screen mode.
			 */
			protected function addedToStageHandler(event:Event):void
			{
				stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE;
			}

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Re: App doesn't start at full screen after Android reboots

Posted by Neverbirth <ne...@gmail.com>.
Instead of using the manifest file, have you tried to use stage.displayState
= StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN (or FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE)? You could set
it in a Timer or something, just to make sure it's not one of those cases
where you are trying to run something too early.

Re: App doesn't start at full screen after Android reboots

Posted by storo84 <se...@gmail.com>.
After further  testing, I realized that the app was sometimes behaving as if
it has being defined in the manifest as *fullScreen=false*. It had the exact
same behaiviour, leaving a side the fact that after restarting it would go
to full-screen mode.

Re: App doesn't start at full screen after Android reboots

Posted by storo84 <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: App doesn't start at full screen after Android reboots

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
The workaround in #FLEX-34365 says "text blinking cursor will be
positioned where the end of the text would be".
I'm not sure what you would expect to happen instead, but could you use
selectRange() to move the cursor to where you want it to be ?

Tom

Posted by storo84 <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Can you work around the issue with later SDKs in that issue by moving
the TextInput's selection ?

Tom

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 07/08/14 15:16, storo84 wrote:
>  Sadly, the Flex SDKs 4.11, 4.12 and 4.12.1
> introduce some new bugs that were not on the previous versions
That's a shame, and we do try to only fix bugs not create them :-)
Are there any in particular that you feel are holding you back most ?

Tom

Re: App doesn't start at full screen after Android reboots

Posted by storo84 <se...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tom,

I appreciate the fast answer. Sadly, the Flex SDKs 4.11, 4.12 and 4.12.1
introduce some new bugs that were not on the previous versions, hence, I'm
unable to use them. I could try to update de AIR SDK though, maybe to the 14
version.

Do you have any idea where could be the problem?

Sebastián

Re: App doesn't start at full screen after Android reboots

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 07/08/14 14:28, storo84 wrote:
> I'm developing and Android application using the Flex 4.6 SDK version and
> AIR 4.0 SDK.
Both of these are very, very old. Can you reproduce with more recent SDKs ?

Tom