Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tomba Rakesh <to...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/14 15:14:00 UTC

Portlet Preference. HELP!

Hi All

I have following three points

1. I have define portlet preference in portlet.xml as below:

    <portlet-preferences>
             <preference>
                  <name>myValue</name>
                  <value>10</value>
              </preference>
    </portlet-preferences>

2. Assuming that there is no "myValue" preference key set in the database (jetspeed database "Hypersonic DB").

3. Enclose Portlet code:

         PortletPreferences pref = request.getPreferences(  );
         String strValue = pref.getValue( "myValue", "" );

So default value of "strValue" should always be "10". This is 100% corect.

But sometimes "strValue" is giving empty string "" value [as specified in pref.getValue( "myValue", "" )]. This is happen when I change the jetspeed database.

How pref.getValue(str,str) is implemented? Even though changing jetspeed database, default value of "strValue" should always be "10".

Kindly help in this regard.....

Regards
Rakesh

Yahoo! for Good