Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Julien Le Dem <ju...@wework.com.INVALID> on 2018/12/08 01:14:48 UTC

[Discuss] Code of conduct

We currently don’t have an explicit code of conduct. We’ve always
encouraged respectful discussions and as far as I know all discussions have
been that way.
However, I don’t think we should wait for an incident to create the need
for an explicit code of conduct. I suggest we adopt the contributor
covenant as it is well aligned with our values as far as I am concerned.
I also think that explicitly adopting it will encourage others to do the
same in the open source community.
Best
Julien

Re: [Discuss] Code of conduct

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
ASF projects already have a CoC that we must implicitly abide by

https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html

What is found in the Contributor Convenant that is not in this
document? I would be in favor of saying that we do abide by the
guidelines on the CC though.

Re: [Discuss] Code of conduct

Posted by XU Qinghui <qi...@polytechnique.edu>.
+1