Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Dinakar Reddy <dr...@inonde.io.INVALID> on 2022/01/03 21:45:06 UTC

Migrate shirt to jakarta apis

Hi,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-803

Is the above resolved and is it part of the release of the latest shiro framework 1.8.0?
We are planning to upgrade tomcat to version 10.0.4 and in this version of tomcat javax packages are migrated to Jakarta packages. I see that shiro framework use these javax packages.

thanks,
-Dinakar.

Re: Migrate shirt to jakarta apis

Posted by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@apache.org>.
Hi Dinakar!

So far we only changed the artifacts
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-750) but kept the
javax-namespace. The jakarta-namespace will be introduced with a later
jakarta version (I think EE 9, if I am not mistaken).

When this happens, the best solution is to use an application server
which supports both, as we probably won't be migrating to the jakarta
namespace soon, so we can support older applications and application
servers.
But if you need the imports from the new namespace, you can do this
using the Apache Tomcat Jakarta EE Migration utility [1].
This will also work for other application servers.

I hope this helps and answers your question!

[1]: https://github.com/apache/tomcat-jakartaee-migration

Posted by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@apache.org>.
Hi Dinakar!

Posted by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@apache.org>.