Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sunil Kumar <pa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/01/07 01:32:44 UTC

connecting beeline to spark sql thrift server

Hi,
I have an AWS spark EMR cluster running with spark 1.5.2, hadoop 2.6 and hive 1.0.0I brought up the spark sql thriftserver on this cluster with spark.sql.hive.metastore version set to 1.0
When I try to connect to this thriftserver remotely using beeline packaged
with spark-1.5.2-hadoop2.6, it gives me this thrift error :16/01/06 23:53:51 ERROR TThreadPoolServer: Thrift error occurred during processing of message.org.apache.thrift.protocol.TProtocolException: Missing version in readMessageBegin, old client? at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:228) at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:27) at org.apache.hive.service.auth.TSetIpAddressProcessor.process(TSetIpAddressProcessor.java:56) at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:285) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

AWS has this thrift jar for hive libthrift-0.9.0.jar
How do I make sure that beeline uses the same thrift version ? Is there a way to see the thrift versions on client/server side ?
thanks