Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by FUSE <bh...@cvs.com> on 2009/05/06 20:28:25 UTC

Servicemix-Mail SU needs to send file attachments

ServiceMix 3.3.1.3 currently running on Windows XP.

As new FUSE user, I am trying to determine how to implement a
servicemix-mail service unit.  I have a servicemix-bean (which is basically
Java class that reads requests from a JMS Queue).  As each request is
generated/processed, I am writing/updating statistics to a local text file.
At a specified time, a Quartz-Timer service unit will need to communicate
with a servicemix-mail service for the purpose of attaching that file and
forwarding to a predetermined list of recepients.  That's the question.  I
am looking for a detailed example implementation on how to do this.  I have
reviewed the xbean.xml for the Maven generated mail service unit and see a
mail poller and sender.   Will I need just the mail sender?  How do I
accomplish my goal or is the servicemix-mail service unit not applicable to
this scenario (and I should instead use Java mail within the service bean -
which I prefer not to do).
Thank you in advance for any help!

Re: Servicemix-Mail SU needs to send file attachments

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
Just use your own quartz marshaler for preparing the message exchange for
servicemix-mail.
see org.apache.servicemix.quartz.support.QuartzMarshaler interface

Regards
Lars

--
http://lhein.blogspot.com

RE: Servicemix-Mail SU needs to send file attachments

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
The question is: "Does that make sense?"

Usually you will send files on a demand base or not? And those files will
differ each time probably. So why should one add a file to a quartz message.
Use the quartz to trigger some other endpoint which contains some logic to

http://lhein.blogspot.com

Re: Servicemix-Mail SU needs to send file attachments

Posted by subh <su...@aol.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.