Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2017/07/28 01:27:31 UTC

Press Release ; Apache Polygene Release 3.0

Sally,
below is a proposal for Press Release. The 3.0 is accepted and being
propagated in the download mirrors right now.

I have also posted a blog post that describes the changes in 3.0 in more
detail. I am not sure if we can/want/should include a link to it. Perhaps I
should post to the ASF blog as well (no idea how to do that)?
https://hedhman.wordpress.com/2017/07/28/apache-polygene-3-0-released/

Can you check, correct, suggest and plan for publish of this?

Thanks a lot.

The Apache Software Foundation announces Apache™ Polygene™ v3.0

*Open Source Composite Oriented Programming platform and tools provides
"New Energy For Java"*

*Forest Hill, MD –4 August 2015–* The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the
all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 350 Open
Source projects and initiatives, announced today the immediate availability
of Apache™ Polygene™ Java Edition v.3.0, the Composite Oriented Programming
platform leveraging Java.
"Version 3.0 has been more work than any previous release." said Paul
Merlin, Vice President of Apache Polygene and Release Manager. "We have
rewritten large sections of the Polygene Runtime to leverage Java 8
platform, and decided to make all other changes that may break
compatibility with previous versions at the same time, to minimize user
impact.", he continued. "Going forward, we are determined to preserve
compatibility."

"In our new venture, I am again happy to use Polygene to simplify the
application modeling." said Jiri Jetmar, member of the Apache Polygene
Project Management Committee and long-time Polygene user. "Too many
features are crucial, but being able to not use JPA and have a better
persistence model is probably the most important one for us. There are very
few alternatives to JPA, and Polygene is simply the best.", claims Jiri.

"Apache Polygene's slogan --'New Energy for Java - Classes are Dead, Long
Live Interfaces' -- truly captures what Apache Polygene is really about:
designing software efficiently." said Niclas Hedhman, co-Founder of the
project. "Too many frameworks adds a lot of boilerplate and configuration
that is simply not needed. It just slows everyone down.".

Asking what the future holds for Polygene, Niclas replies "We are already
working on Polygene 3.1 with a code generator to get started more quickly.
Also in the works is an enterprise-friendly SQL entity store, to remove the
last objections of using Polygene in enterprise projects."
Polygene originated as Qi4j in 2007, and it's 10 year anniversary is
celebrated with the 9th supported release, and plans for 3 releases in the
next 12 months.

*Availability and Oversight*
Apache Polygene software is released under the Apache License v2.0 and is
overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. A
Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day
operations, including community development and product releases. For
downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache Polygene,
visit https://polygene.apache.org/

*About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)*
<< SALLY: insert current footer >>

© The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "Polygene" and "Apache
Polygene" are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software
Foundation in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands
and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Press Release ; Apache Polygene Release 3.0

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Hello again, Niclas.

Regarding the blog post, may I suggest that you open a JIRA ticket for Infra to create blogs.apache.org/polygene --also be sure to request publishing credentials so you can actually get the post up <g>
I'll be referring to it in the press release as a technical fact sheet, and will forward the revised draft once completed.
Kind regards,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656
Skype sallykhudairi

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017, at 21:25, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> [...]
>>

>>  >> Apache Polygene software is released under the Apache License v2.0 and is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. A Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including community development and product releases. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache Polygene, visit https://polygene.apache.org/>> *About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)*>> >> << SALLY: insert current footer >>
>>

>>  >> © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "Polygene" and "Apache Polygene" are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.>>>>  >>

Links:

  1. tel:%2B1%20617%20921%208656

Re: Press Release ; Apache Polygene Release 3.0

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Got it :-)

We'll make it work. Thanks again, and have a great weekend.

Warmly,
Sally

- - -

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Brilliant, thank you, Niclas.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Take two;

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Niclas. I'll take a peek and suggest the best approach forward with this.
Warm regards,
Sally

- - -

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Niclas, we need information about what Polygene is, and what makes 3.0 special --why should folks use it?
Not too technical, but perhaps a descriptive paragraph plus 3-5 bullet points with features + benefits? The copy below is lacking context for those who don't know what any of this means. Many members of the tech press community are not developers, so it's not obvious.
There are also too many quotes in such a short announcement, so we'll need to rework some of this.
Kind thanks,
Sally

- - -