Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Kenneth C <ke...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/25 09:33:20 UTC

Netcomponents - Q about license

Hi.

I'm working for a company developing ERP software. In our package we'd like
include netcomponent's FTP module to accomplish the internet file transfer
functionality of our product. But upon testing we discovered that the FTP
module, when run, will display sensitive information such as passwords. I
wonder if the
license allows us just to comment out those lines of codes, while the rest
of
the code will be left absolutely intact. Thanks for any feedback. Hope this
is
the right place to ask this.

ken

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_virusprotection_3mf

Re: Netcomponents - Q about license

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.
INAL, but:

I'm not too sure about the Netcomponents code, but if you use the Apache
Commons/Net code from CVS I think it will be ok ( note the code is
esentially the same, but I guess formally under a different license.)

Here is the license and the source code should have this info in each file
also:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/license.html

If you do find a solution or change that may be useful to the rest of us,
please consider providing the changes back to the community so they may be
integrated into the source code.

                                                    ekkerbj@yahoo.com