Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Joseph, Roshan IN BLR SISL" <Ro...@siemens.com> on 2008/03/06 03:49:13 UTC

Overhead of SCA Native Container

Hi All,

 I have used the Apache JMeter to test the performance of Tuscany SCA
Native container, and the axis http server crashes most of the time for
my C++ web service running in sca native container. When I tried to
upgrade axis2c (1.2) to the latest version, I get an error 34 while
starting the axis http server after integrating tuscany native service.

Can someone help me in getting the Tuscany integrated to the latest
axis2c?

The performance test I have done on a single web service running in
Tuscany native gave me good results, provided axis2c runs without
problem. I can send about 100 soap requests simultaneously to the web
service and the average response time is about 15ms for a payload of
about 365 bytes. The only problem I am having here is the
axis_http_server crash, which happens very often.

I really appreciate any help from anyone in this regard.

Thanks & Regards

Roshan

Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment thereof contains corporate proprietary information. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: Overhead of SCA Native Container

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roshan,

Can you test using Apache HTTPD instead of the Axis HTTP server? The
Axis HTTP server is really just a test environment, and not suitable
for "real-world" Tuscany deployments. Hopefully HTTPD will be far more
stable for your testing too (unless, of course, it's Tuscany causing
the instability).

Cheers
Andy