Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sri Sankaran <Sr...@sas.com> on 2003/10/30 19:02:07 UTC

RE: password for CVS pserver ?

You have to execute a

  cvs login

before you generate your site.

I too have fussed around with changelog's source to no avail.  The problem with the current approach is that

a) It assumes that only one person on a project (the one named
   in the <connection> element will generate the site.  The only
   alternative I know is to override the site plugin (i.e. write
   your own) and dynamically change the user info before invoking
   site:generate
b) Users must *know* to run the 'cvs login' command first.  I have
   tried to preGoal with a call to the ant:cvspass task.  Even
   though this task executes correctly and a .cvspass file is
   created, changelog merrily ignores it.

Sri

Re: password for CVS pserver ?

Posted by Carl <mu...@altern.org>.
Sri Sankaran wrote:

> a) It assumes that only one person on a project (the one named
>    in the <connection> element will generate the site.  The only
>    alternative I know is to override the site plugin (i.e. write
>    your own) and dynamically change the user info before invoking
>    site:generate

That's not a big deal, you could always create a spécial cvs user
decatided in the scm connection.

> b) Users must *know* to run the 'cvs login' command first.  I have
>    tried to preGoal with a call to the ant:cvspass task.  Even
>    though this task executes correctly and a .cvspass file is
>    created, changelog merrily ignores it.

There is the problem. After a look in the soucre of chanlog plugin, it
appears that it use org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient to manage cvs connection.
  All requiered methodes to log with a password seems to be present,
however I don't see how to modify the maven plugin to take a password
parameter.

Do you know a way in java to access the "maven.cvs.password" value
define in project.properties ?

Carl