Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/12 20:45:55 UTC

Are we ready for a GA announcement, to coincide with ApacheCon?

I'm not sure how much time I can put into Tapestry in the coming week or
two, based on time I've lost moving to my new house (and the lost billable
time I need to make up).

I think the code is largely there, the documentation needs a LOT of love.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com
@hlship

Re: Are we ready for a GA announcement, to coincide with ApacheCon?

Posted by Jochen Kemnade <jo...@eddyson.de>.
Am 12.03.2015 um 20:45 schrieb Howard Lewis Ship:
> I think the code is largely there, the documentation needs a LOT of love.

I'm not sure what to think. A release would be great and I think 5.4 in
its current state is more stable than 5.3.8, but there are also a lot of
open bugs and also regression issus that we all don't seem to have
enough time to work on at the moment.
I'd say, let's have an RC ready for ApacheCon but not rush the GA release.

Jochen

Re: Are we ready for a GA announcement, to coincide with ApacheCon?

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, I would like to see 5.4 out of the door.

I'm very busy with a non tapestry work now but I need to publish a
prototype based on an old 5.4 pre-release and would be happy to do
that with a GA.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 9:43 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 16:45:55 -0300, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure how much time I can put into Tapestry in the coming week or
>> two, based on time I've lost moving to my new house (and the lost billable
>> time I need to make up).
>

> Feature-wise, for the major release 5.4 is, I don't think there's anything
> else to be done that prevents the release of 5.4.0. We can do a 5.4.1
> release later for bugfixes and improvements.
>
>> I think the code is largely there, the documentation needs a LOT of love.
>

> Agreed.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> http://machina.com.br

Massimo Lusetti

Re: Are we ready for a GA announcement, to coincide with ApacheCon?

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.