Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas Zastrow <li...@thomas-zastrow.de> on 2007/02/24 17:59:23 UTC

Linefeed and space before footnotes??

Hi there,

I have two more problems :-)

At first, how can I do a "double carriage return"? I mean, how can I
simulate within a fo:block two \n in the resulting PDF-file? I googled
around and found, hm, let me say, just confusing answers ... :-)

And second, my footnotes are working fine now, thanx to all! But how can
I increase the space between the normal text on  a page and the complete
block of footnotes?

Thank you very much!

Best,

Tom

Re: Linefeed and space before footnotes??

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Feb 24, 2007, at 20:12, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

>> ... how can I increase the space between the normal text on  a
>> page and the complete block of footnotes?
>
> IIC, then you can achieve that effect using an empty fo:block in a
> fo:static-content with flow-name="xsl-footnote-separator", so
> something like:
>
> <xsl:static-content flow-name="xsl-footnote-separator">
>   <fo:block space-before.optimum="..." />
> </xsl:static-content>

Sorry, typed a bit too fast. Should of course be:

<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-footnote-separator">
   <fo:block space-before.minimum="..." />
</fo:static-content>

Naturally, you could also use a block with a few preserved linefeeds...

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: Linefeed and space before footnotes??

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Feb 24, 2007, at 17:59, Thomas Zastrow wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> I have two more problems :-)

That's what we're here for :-)

> At first, how can I do a "double carriage return"? I mean, how can
> I simulate within a fo:block two \n in the resulting PDF-file? I
> googled around and found, hm, let me say, just confusing
> answers ... :-)

If you're using FOP Trunk, you could do something like:

<fo:block linefeed-treatment="preserve">&#x0A;&#x0A;</fo:block>

In 0.93, the above will not yet produce empty lines, so you need to
fill the line yourself with something like:

<fo:block linefeed-treatment="preserve">&#xA0;&#x0A;&#xA0;&#x0A;</
fo:block>

> And second, my footnotes are working fine now, thanx to all! But
> how can I increase the space between the normal text on  a page and
> the complete block of footnotes?

IIC, then you can achieve that effect using an empty fo:block in a
fo:static-content with flow-name="xsl-footnote-separator", so
something like:

<xsl:static-content flow-name="xsl-footnote-separator">
   <fo:block space-before.optimum="..." />
</xsl:static-content>

HTH!

Cheers,