Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by joakim Verona <jo...@verona.se> on 2003/10/04 16:10:08 UTC

portal engine question

Hello list,

I have a question about the portal(I have made a live site using cocoon,
www.dpart.com, so am not a total newbie, but almost...)

Im trying to make a "family media portal" using cocoon.

It should let my family and frineds browse our online music, movie,
ebooks and so on, collections.

I've configured a portal instance and made a tiny first stab at a music
browser using the mp3 directory generator.

My current problem is how I make directory links that will generate the
portal view correctly, or if this is indeed possible at all.

That is, since the mp3 directory list lives in a coplet, how do I make
directory links that update only the coplet.

If this isnt possible¸how do I write a url that regenerates the entire
view within the portal properly.

Cheers,
Joakim

PS If anyone else is working on a similar project, I would be delighted
to hear from you.

RE: portal engine question

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi,

Joakim Verona wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I have a question about the portal(I have made a live site using cocoon,
> www.dpart.com, so am not a total newbie, but almost...)
>
> Im trying to make a "family media portal" using cocoon.
>
> It should let my family and frineds browse our online music, movie,
> ebooks and so on, collections.
>
> I've configured a portal instance and made a tiny first stab at a music
> browser using the mp3 directory generator.
>
> My current problem is how I make directory links that will generate the
> portal view correctly, or if this is indeed possible at all.
>
> That is, since the mp3 directory list lives in a coplet, how do I make
> directory links that update only the coplet.

This is possible afaik by using the ApplicationCopletAdapter in
combination with the NewEventLinktransformer; at least that's the idea
behind it I guess.

Perhaps someone who is using this stuff can comment on it?

Carsten