Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Veeramani S <ve...@indts.com> on 2001/06/04 17:12:40 UTC

Removing the unwanted spaces between the start and end tags of a document

We have written a class file that extends the Cocoon processors to modify
the DOM document.  But each time we modify a node, unwanted spaces get added
inbetween the tags (between the start tag and the end tag of a node).  The
modification of  the document parameter can be either by creating nodes
manually in the document and appending them to the document or by applying a
stylesheet.  Even the normalize() method of the org.w3c.dom.Node class does
not remove these unwanted spaces.  Is there any way by which I can remove
the spaces inbetween these starting and ending tags??