Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Srinivasulu <sr...@cognizant.com> on 2008/11/18 14:26:03 UTC

How to attach a file along with a request?

Hi,

I need to attach a image and send it along with a request.
I am giving the path in the http request.
But the image was not uploaded in the site.
Please tell me how to proceed further in this aspect.

Thanks,
Srinivasulu N.

Re: How to attach a file along with a request?

Posted by Andrey Beznogov <an...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

add a listener (View Results Tree is nice for quick tests) and check
the response you get. Also look into the bin/jmeter.log file and check
if you get any errors.

Did you set the right MIME Type for your file attachment? Do you need
something special set in the header? You should probably record a
similar request using the proxy and see how it is done then.

Regards,
Andrey

2008/11/19 Srinivasulu <sr...@cognizant.com>:

> Yes i am using POST type.
> Can anybody share your thoughts in the similar situation or whether the
> JMeter is capable to handle this type of scenarios.
>
> Thakns,
> Srinivasulu N
>
> Ronald Van de Kuil wrote:
>>
>> Presumably you are using the POST type?
>>
>> Met Vriendelijke Groet,
>> Ronald van de Kuil
>>
>> Stuck in the past somewhere in the future? NO WAY!!!
>>

>> Srinivasulu <sr...@cognizant.com>
>> 18-11-2008 14:26
>> Please respond to
>> "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

>> jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>> How to attach a file along with a request?
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to attach a image and send it along with a request.
>> I am giving the path in the http request.
>> But the image was not uploaded in the site.
>> Please tell me how to proceed further in this aspect.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Srinivasulu N.
>> --
>>

>> Tenzij hierboven anders aangegeven: / Unless stated otherwise above:
>> IBM Nederland B.V.
>> Gevestigd te Amsterdam
>> Inschrijving Handelsregister Amsterdam Nr. 33054214

diem perdidi

Re: How to attach a file along with a request?

Posted by Ronald Van de Kuil <ro...@nl.ibm.com>.
Well, I can affirm that I use JMeter to post one or more files using a
HTTP Post.

It would indeed be a good idea to enable debug using:

Help > Enable debug, and to examine the jmeter.log

And a result tree listener would indeed also be handy.

Met Vriendelijke Groet,
Ronald van de Kuil

Stuck in the past somewhere in the future? NO WAY!!!

Srinivasulu <sr...@cognizant.com>
19-11-2008 04:23

Posted by Srinivasulu <sr...@cognizant.com>.
Yes i am using POST type.