Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2021/06/14 15:44:30 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] [Numbers][All] Separate Java target version for "src/test"

I don’t understand this. Log4j2 was one of the first adopters of multi-release jars.
There were problems in the beginning but those have virtually all been resolved.
We haven’t had any complaints in ages. Log4j 2 2.14.1 supports Java 8.

Fully supporting JPMS (i.e. - adding a module-info.java file) while trying to support
Java 8 is another thing entirely. I gave up on that and the minimum JDK version
for that will be Java 11.

Ralph