Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/14 17:44:12 UTC

Camel unit tests - Automatic re-run failed tests

Hi

We got a PR pending at
https://github.com/veithen/camel/commit/6bcdb7f30f4984508fab6f683c3e4775bfc84a6e

I haven't seen that option before on the surefire plugin.

It seems at first glance as a nice way to work around any oddiness.
But wonder on the other hand if it would cause these "oddiness" to not
surface and we aren't noticing that there is a potential issue in a
Camel component.

Any thoughts on this PR ?

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Camel unit tests - Automatic re-run failed tests

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Though for the moment we have to reject the PR.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Friday, January 15, 2016 9:01 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

There has been some sporadic errors in camel-netty4-http after a
commit change a while back. I suspect there is a race condition in
some close channel code that can cause it to fail some tests.

Though if the re-run was applied it may hide this problem.

The CI tests is pretty good as-is, if there is suddenly a "port number
in use" issue then we often see that as 30+ jetty tests failed etc.

The re-run should imho be more intelligent and detect it was a "port
number in use" problem and re-run the test a bit later etc.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi