Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aero Maxx D <ae...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/24 11:29:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Password Mismatch when using mod_authnz_pam

Hello,

I am trying to add authentication to a folder, and have the
authentication be against system user accounts.

I've tried using mod_authnz_pam, and have it partly working in that I
get prompted for a user/pass, but authentication fails, with the errors
below.

mod_authnz_pam: PAM authentication failed for user <username>: System error
user <username>: authentication failure for "/": Password Mismatch

I'm using the below lines in /etc/pam.d/

auth    required   pam_unix.so
account required   pam_unix.so