Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ed Cohen <ec...@powersteeringsoftware.com> on 2006/12/12 18:03:33 UTC

Type Converter question

When refreshing a form, I get the error: "No type converter for type
TypeABC"

My question is: Why does Tapestry (4.0) invoke a "type converter". What
does Tapestry use it for?

Ed

RE: Type Converter question

Posted by Ed Cohen <ec...@powersteeringsoftware.com>.
Thanks Howard.

So, a TypeConverter converts a string (e.g., the string-representation
of some Object, for example, something persisted client-side) into the
Object.

Am I right in assuming that the Object's type is added, so the correct
TypeConverter can be chosen?  Also, by what mechanism is the Object
converted to a String (in the first place)?

Ed

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.