Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Esteban Gonzalez <eg...@outside.com.ar> on 2002/03/12 15:48:38 UTC

Xerces templating

HI!
I´m not really sure if this is the place to post this question... but i´m
having a little problem here and I need some help ....

I have a voucher.xml file wich is a ´template´ to create new xml voucher
representations.

I´m using Xerces, latest version, downloaded a week ago.
When i do
doc = parser.parse ( uri )

I get the document with the DOM representation of the xml file ( wich it´s
fine, since printing it shows an exact copy of my voucher.xml file ).
So far there are no problems..
The problem comes when i try to change the data that is on the document...
adding nodes will result in nothing...
deleting them ends up on nothing but the ´doc´ object being always the
same..

It this a correct behaviour for the dom api?
Am i doing something wrong?
Should i import the root element into a new document and change that one?

Am i missing something? reading at the API hasn´t been very helpful....