Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Anton S. Komratov" <a....@lynx.ru> on 2003/09/04 08:27:22 UTC

EntityBeans and OJB

The goal of both is to implement persistent. CMP is a part
of EJB server, and OJB is third party product.

Can anybody explain to newbie what are the advanteges of
using OJB when there is a possibility to implement storing
EntityBeans?

best regards,
Anton Komratov

Re: EntityBeans and OJB

Posted by Andreas Bohnert <ab...@online.de>.
Hi Thomas,

I'm also a newbie to application servers, so a couple of questions are
comming up now.

Do you suggest to leave EJB's aside complety?
I thought I'm supposed to use OJB within EJB's (like the OJB-EJB
examples...)

Are there also disadvantages if I work just with OJB and leave EJB aside?

best regards
andreas

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Anton,