Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andrew Ott <sa...@actcom.net> on 2005/10/05 18:04:15 UTC

Sare URI ruleset

Got this report this morning from all 3 of my spamassassin servers, all
running 3.0

Is this ruleset no longer supported for 3.0?

===================
Lint output: warning: description for SARE_URI_GEOCIT_NUM is over 50 chars
lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
information.
====================

Thanx
Andrew

Re: Sare URI ruleset

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "guenther" <gu...@rudersport.de>

> Please do not hijack unrelated threads. If you are posting to the list
> with a new topic, do not Reply to a post but rather send a new one.
>

> On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 10:04 -0600, Andrew Ott wrote:
>> Got this report this morning from all 3 of my spamassassin servers, all
>> running 3.0
>>
>> Is this ruleset no longer supported for 3.0?
>>
>> ===================
>> Lint output: warning: description for SARE_URI_GEOCIT_NUM is over 50
>> chars
>> lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
>> information.
>> ====================
>
> It's a warning only. AFAIK this is no reason to be concerned.
>
> It just means, that the description is more than 50 chars long, and thus
> a verbose report in the header may exceed an 80 chars limit.
>
> FWIW, this is pretty common with some translations, like German.
>
> ...guenther

It is an annoying warning. There should be some way to turn it off.
(I cheated, found the places character count limits are tested and
made them much bigger. Poof - no warnings that I don't care about.
I'm not anal about the spam report formatting.)

{^_^}

Re: Sare URI ruleset

Posted by guenther <gu...@rudersport.de>.