Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ti...@comcast.net on 2015/07/07 21:29:58 UTC

[users@httpd] CGI Arguments

I can call a cgi script from an html form, but I am not able to call a cgi script with one or more

command-line arguments. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thank you very much.

Timothy Mann

Re: [users@httpd] CGI Arguments

Posted by ti...@comcast.net.
Kurtis,

Thanks very much.

Timothy Mann

I can call a cgi script from an html form, but I am not able to call a cgi script with one or more command-line arguments. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thank you very much.

CGI scripts don't have command-line arguments. Information is passed to them from the web server via environment variables and, for POST requests, standard input. You pass arguments to a CGI script via the URI query string. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Gateway_Interface

--
Kurtis Rader

Re: [users@httpd] CGI Arguments

Posted by Kurtis Rader <kr...@skepticism.us>.