Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Guillaume Boué <gb...@apache.org> on 2017/01/12 01:24:43 UTC

Next version for MPLUGIN in JIRA

Hi,

For MPLUGIN, the only unreleased version in JIRA is currently 3.5.1, but
the version in the POM themselves is 3.6-SNAPSHOT. Should the version in
JIRA be changed, or can I update the POM versions? I'd lean on updating
JIRA based on the current version history (and maybe even to 3.6.0 to
align with 3 digits versions?).

Thanks,
Guillaume

---

Re: Next version for MPLUGIN in JIRA

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
I suggest confirming it on the original thread so all the decisions are
easier to trace back

Robert

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
yes, this is currently for 3.5.0 that this fix should be in, then with this
seconding principle

once Maven 3.5.0 is out, we'll need to define if we continue that way or not

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
The "seconding" thing was from my perspective just a 3.5.0 thing...

If people like it, fine. But it might be a bit much as a project culture

On Sat 14 Jan 2017 at 03:42, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> > This also brings me to another point: could somebody second MNG-6109[2]
>
> > for M3.5.0, so I can lock the Maven version in the maven-plugin-plugin
>
> > which may use the plugin.xml or should scan the code for the @since
> value.
>
> oh, yes, seconded, I'm confident in this little bugfix
>
> (I don't know if I should do anything else than reviewing and saying
>
> "seconded" here...)
>

> Regards,
>

> Hervé
>

> Le jeudi 12 janvier 2017, 12:47:48 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :
>
> > It's always hard to predict the next version. I would expect it to be
> 3.6,
>
> > until we received a bug report[1], which made me decide to change the
>
> > version to 3.5.1 in the pom with the idea to do a release soon.
>
> > This also brings me to another point: could somebody second MNG-6109[2]
>
> > for M3.5.0, so I can lock the Maven version in the maven-plugin-plugin
>
> > which may use the plugin.xml or should scan the code for the @since
> value.
>

> > Regarding 3.6 or 3.6.0, we've decided that once a plugin requires Maven
>
> > 3.0, its version must switch to the 3 digit representation. Right now,
>
> > m-plugin-p is still on M2.2.1, so using the old versioning scheme.
>

> > Robert
>

> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPLUGIN-319
>
> > [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6109
>

> > On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 02:24:43 +0100, Guillaume Boué <gb...@apache.org>
>

> > wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>

> > > For MPLUGIN, the only unreleased version in JIRA is currently 3.5.1,
> but
>
> > > the version in the POM themselves is 3.6-SNAPSHOT. Should the version
> in
>
> > > JIRA be changed, or can I update the POM versions? I'd lean on updating
>
> > > JIRA based on the current version history (and maybe even to 3.6.0 to
>
> > > align with 3 digits versions?).
>

> > > Thanks,
>
> > > Guillaume
>

> > > ---

> > > logiciel antivirus Avast.

Sent from my phone

Re: Next version for MPLUGIN in JIRA

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
That's in JIRA of course, poms need to be updated.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.