Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Zbigniew Lisiecki <zl...@poczta.onet.pl> on 2002/07/04 19:17:30 UTC

timeout exceeded

hi,
first i apologize if my question does not regard apache,
i am not sure, but apache seems to be the only possible source of:

"Timeout on server localhost"

My local SuSE 8.0 Linux with Apache/1.3.23 is searched by a search engine
htdig, which causes after 60 sec. the above error together with:

"An error occured while loading http://localhost/cgi-bin/htsearch:"

It's surely not htdig/htsearch which caused an error, for i still hear
the same disc access even after timeout - htsearch is still running.
But the timeout set in httpd.conf is 300 = 5 min., not 1 min. !
Where could i look for the cause ?
thanks in advance for any advice
zbyszek
--