Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ruepen <st...@nospammail.net> on 2006/09/12 20:44:22 UTC

Issue with MappingDispatchAction

Hello,

I am encountering some issues with using the MappingDispatchAction. The
situation is that we (developers) are using a base class that extends
MappingDispatchAction. Now I have a jsp page that has 2 buttons in it,
one is "Search" and the other is "Download". Now the form action for the
"Search" button is mapped to, let's say, "SubmitSearch".  Which works
fine and is mapped correctly in the struts-config.xml file.
Now I added another button called "Download" which downloads an item
after the search is completed. How would I go about getting the
"Download" button to map correctly to the same Action that is handling
the "Search"? By the way, the parameter for the "SubmitSearch" is of
course "search" in the action mapping of the struts-config.xml file,
which corresponds to a method named "search" in the Action that we are
using.  I added a "download" method where I handle all that's required
for the download in the Action.  I tried using 2 forms within the same
jsp, but it didn't work. I'll keep trying that.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

Re: Issue with MappingDispatchAction

Posted by Adam J Samere <as...@rochester.rr.com>.
What does the html:form for the DownloadSearch look like? It will be
easier to see what is going on if you post the code.

Adam

Posted by Ruepen <st...@nospammail.net>.