Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by zhangao <ga...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2021/09/07 11:57:28 UTC

Decommission command without stopping bookkeeper server

Hello everyone,    Now, decommission command need bookie stoped, and only support one bookie at same time. I plan to make decommission behave more like HDFS decommission commands:   1、support decommission two or more servers at same time.   2、decommission will make servers become read-only. (more robust: only support replication read.)   3、I also have implemented replication throttle, so replication will not include too much load on clusters. see    3、when decommission finished, the server is ready to stop.

Re: Decommission command without stopping bookkeeper server

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
This seems to be part of another thread "Improve the process of
removing bookies from a cluster". Can you please respond there to keep
the conversation in one place?

-Ivan