Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "Baxi, Rinilkumar (TCS)" <ri...@hp.com> on 2007/10/29 12:53:12 UTC

Facing problem in using templatesign XML C++ Security library

Hi All

We are a part of a project which deals with webservers and webservices. Presently, we are into the deployment of digital signature support in SOAP. For this, we require a valid XML request to proceed with the next level. We are facing some problem while signing an XML document (as shown below) using the sample 'templatesign'. The command that we are executing is:

-> templatesign -r key.pem (password) file.xml

The XML file is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
 <Signature xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig <http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig> #">
 <SignedInfo>
  <CanonicalizationMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315"/ <http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315"/> >
  <SignatureMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1"/ <http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1"/> >
 <Reference URI="http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet <http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet> ">
  <DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"/ <http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"/> >
  <DigestValue>60NvZvtdTB+7UnlLp/H24p7h4bs=</DigestValue>
  </Reference>
  </SignedInfo>  <SignatureValue>juS5RhJ884qoFR8flVXd/rbrSDVGn40CapgB7qeQiT+rr0NekEQ6BHhUA8dT3+BCTBUQI0dBjlml9lwzENXvS83zRECjzXbMRTUtVZiPZG2pqKPnL2YU3A9645UCjTXU+jgFumv7k78hieAGDzNci+PQ9KRmm//icT7JaYztgt4=</SignatureValue>
 <KeyInfo>
 <KeyValue>
 <RSAKeyValue>  <Modulus>uCiukpgOaOmrq1fPUTH3CAXxuFmPjsmS4jnTKxrv0w1JKcXtJ2M3akaV1d/karvJlmeao20jNy9r+/vKwibjM77F+3bIkeMEGmAIUnFciJkR+ihO7b4cTuYnEi8xHtu4iMn6GODBoEzqFQYdd8p4vrZBsvs44nTrS8qyyhba648=</Modulus>  <Exponent>AQAB</Exponent>
  </RSAKeyValue>
  </KeyValue>
  </KeyInfo>
  </Signature>

We are getting the following error:

An error occured during signing operation
   Message: Error allocating memory

Please verify the XML Document and let us know if the XML document is a valid input to 'templatesign' or if we are making any mistake with commands. Kindly let us know of any resources explaining execution of templatesign in detail. Also, if possible, please let us know of any valid XML file on which templatesign is working.

Thanks in-advance

Best Regards,
Rinilkumar Baxi

RE: Facing problem in using templatesign XML C++ Security library

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
> Thanks for your response. It will be really helpful for us if you could
> provide us with the references / details explaining all the bug fixes made
> on the library xml-security-c-1.3.1 till date.

That's in the CHANGELOG in the release candidate I posted, and in
subversion.

-- Scott

RE: Facing problem in using templatesign XML C++ Security library

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
> We are getting the following error:
>
> An error occured during signing operation
>    Message: Error allocating memory

That error is just masking the real exception. The 1.4 RC I posted contains
a fix that gets the real error passed out so you can diagnose it.

-- Scott