Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/25 13:05:37 UTC

Connection refused during site-deploy

I'm trying to do a site deploy for my project to a locally(on my XP
machine)  running apache server.I've added the username/password I use
to log into my PC  , into the setting.xml file as :

<servers>
  <server>
    <id>iam-003191.mycompany.co.za</id>
    <username>mutonhj</username>
    <password>mypassword</password>
  </server>
</servers>

then in my  pom.xml I have  :

<distributionManagement>
    <site>
      <id>eportal.site</id>
      <name>J2EE application called ePortal</name>
      <url>scp://iam-003191.mycompany.co.za/websites/eportal</url>
    </site>
  </distributionManagement>

However , when I run "mvn site-deploy"  , I'm getting a connection refused
error shown below :

[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [site:deploy]
 Session error: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Session.connect:
java.net.Connect
Exception: Connection refused: connect
scp://iam-003191.mycompany.co.za/websites/eportal - Session: Disconnecting
scp://iam-003191.mycompany.co.za/websites/eportal - Session: Disconnected
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error uploading site

Embedded error: Cannot connect. Reason: Session.connect:
java.net.ConnectExcepti
on: Connection refused: connect
[INFO]
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error uploading site
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals
(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal
(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)

I know I can use the file url option but would rather cater for the scp
option.

Jeff  Mutonho

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

Re: Connection refused during site-deploy

Posted by Denis Cabasson <de...@insee.fr>.

Jeff Mutonho wrote:

>> Have you tried connecting from the command line, or with a ssh client,
>> using
>> you username/password?
>>
>> Denis.
>>

> This running off my windows xp machine :)
>

> Jeff  Mutonho
>
> GoogleTalk : ejbengine
> Skype        : ejbengine
> Registered Linux user number 366042
>

> Have you tried connecting from the command line, or with a ssh client,
> using
> you username/password?
>
> Denis.

This running off my windows xp machine :)

Jeff  Mutonho

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

Well, you have many tools available to connect to a ssh server, with windows
XP.

Most popular one is probably putty.....

Denis.

Re: Connection refused during site-deploy

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Cabasson <de...@insee.fr>.

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hendrik Busch <he...@lexisnexis.de>.
Hi!

> <servers>
>  <server>
>    <id>iam-003191.mycompany.co.za</id>
>    <username>mutonhj</username>
>    <password>mypassword</password>
>  </server>
> </servers>
>

> then in my  pom.xml I have  :
>
> <distributionManagement>
>    <site>
>      <id>eportal.site</id>
>      <name>J2EE application called ePortal</name>
>      <url>scp://iam-003191.mycompany.co.za/websites/eportal</url>
>    </site>
>  </distributionManagement>

You have got to make the IDs match. Change <id>eportal.site</id> to
<id>iam-003191.mycompany.co.za</id> and it should work. Otherwise Maven
doesn't know to find the credentials for your server.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Hendrik Busch - Stellv. Leiter der Softwareentwicklung

LexisNexis Deutschland GmbH
http://www.lexisnexis.de
Feldstiege 100
D-48161 Münster