Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/25 19:54:43 UTC

[Discussion] Upgrading OFBiz to work with Java 11

Hi Folks,

Now that we upgraded Gradle, I think we should consider moving to the
new LTS (JDK 11)? I tried to upgrade to java 11 and got lots of
issues. Some deprecated packages are removed and others changed
signature. I got 2 errors and about 53 warnings for things that should
be fixed.

Should we go ahead and attempt the upgrade? Anyone already went
through the effort and can help out?

Taher Alkhateeb

Re: [Discussion] Upgrading OFBiz to work with Java 11

Posted by Mathieu Lirzin <ma...@nereide.fr>.
Hello,

Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> writes:

> Now that we upgraded Gradle, I think we should consider moving to the
> new LTS (JDK 11)? I tried to upgrade to java 11 and got lots of
> issues. Some deprecated packages are removed and others changed
> signature. I got 2 errors and about 53 warnings for things that should
> be fixed.
>
> Should we go ahead and attempt the upgrade? Anyone already went
> through the effort and can help out?

I think the major challenge in that upgrade will be to handle the new
module system which has been added in Java 9.

For the record, OpenJDK 11 is still not available on the GNU/Linux
distro I am using. So upgrading it right now would make my life harder.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37

Re: [Discussion] Upgrading OFBiz to work with Java 11

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Created JIRA [1] to start working on this.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10757

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwax.co>.

Posted by Girish Vasmatkar <gi...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Taher