Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Alan Brown <ab...@opstechnology.com> on 2004/01/07 20:52:04 UTC

My Logging Dream...

We've been suffering from logging thread weaving.  Multiple threads
going through our server and mingling their logging information with
each other.  In an ideal world I'd love to set up logging so that the
logging info for a given thread wending its way through the system would
be held in a buffer, and would be written to the file in one action when
the thread exited the server (ie returned its information to the user).
In this way, I'd have a number of simultaneous buffers collecting
logging information, with each one being written in one uninterrupted
chunk when its corresponding thread completed).

Also, as we only have 10 customers, I'd like to be able to define
different logs at runtime for each customer as our problems are often
customer specific.  I believe this is not too difficult, but would
appreciate being pointed toward some example code for this if anyone
might know where to send me.  The online manual seems quite terse.

Thanks for your help,

alan