Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by "SHAH, TUSHAR" <ts...@att.com> on 2019/04/12 16:37:32 UTC

Any Actual user of Apache Eagle 0.5 ?

I wonder if there are  any current user of  Apache Eagle in Big Data/Hadoop world

Background: I have been trying  hard to make a progress in my endeavor toward the POC(Proof of Concept) for the Apache  Eagle at my test cluster  ring HDP 2.6 and compliant to version compatibility of all components . I have managed to compile eagle 0.5.0 ( official  version) and  run the Web Interface . I am able to define site, applications but not able to define policy. I have been reporting this for close to two months. I have been waiting   to hear from  Ho Chen , Edward Zhang ( who are the pioneering developers/architects for the Eagle) or someone else.  Meanwhile I am trying to make my Kafka  messaging work ( though I am not sure if Kafka messaging is a must).

I am wondering if there is any current user of the Eagle  ? If so how they are using ( e.g. use case for  Security analytics..ML)
Several users I  communicated who tried  Eagle in past  told me that  they have  given up or switched to alternative  solution.

-        Some reported ( paypal?) that the dropped Eagle and using  NN-analyst instead

-        One user  is usibg Datguise instead

-        Several users  responded that they gave up  because of lack of participation  at the  user community and essentially total lack of support

Of course my interaction is limited  and may not provide accurate assessment.  I would like to  hear  from other uses about the their experience  before  I too  end up dropping the Eagle POC like few other users.

Thanks you very much
Tushar Shah
Ts727@att.com<ma...@att.com>
Big Data SW engineer