Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Venkatrangan Govindarajan <vg...@luminanetworks.com> on 2020/07/01 12:16:17 UTC

Karaf CLI to challenge user for username/password

Hi Karaf devs,

   ODL has  been using karaf for a long time. We had a karaf cli
application that simply challenged the user for username and password and
used if for certain operations. In the recent releases, this application
failed to work with karaf clients (raised some jni errors and the
application crashed or ssh session terminated). Is this a known issue?. We
are moving to getting username and password as arguments (with censor
enabled obviously) but we would still like to have the user being
challenged. Do you have any example for doing that?

--
*Regards,*
*Venkatrangan G*

Re: Karaf CLI to challenge user for username/password

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

It rings a bell to me about JNI and so (related to jansi).

Can you please give me some details about the environment ? OS, JDK, Karaf version ?

I saw your shared the ODL Jira ID, I will take a look. I would just need some time.

I will keep you posted in the Jira.

Regards
JB

Posted by Venkatrangan Govindarajan <vg...@luminanetworks.com>.