Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Peter Lyons <pe...@peterlyons.com> on 2002/06/29 20:15:12 UTC

Using List and Map instead of Vector and Hashtable

I've just started using xml-rpc, and I found it very straightforward and
had it integrated into a WebObjects webapp in short order, so thanks to
all the developers!  I'd like to patch some of the sources to use
java.util.List/Map instead of Vector/Hashtable so users could choose
which collection implementations to use.  Does this seem worthwhile to
you?

	If so, would someone be willing to help me (off the list) getting the
build working as I have never done jakarta development before, and was
able to check out the sources and get ant and maven installed, but am
confused by the error message I get when doing 'ant -f build-maven.xml'.

Thanks,

Peter Lyons

P.S.  There might be some trickiness using the interfaces as someone
could write a class that implements both List and Map, so we would have
to decide which order to do the instanceof checks, and document that a
class that implements both gets treated as a Map (or List if that is
better)