Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Junegunn Choi <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/22 03:17:11 UTC

Performance impact of io.file.buffer.size parameter of HDFS

Hi,

I've read that on a modern hardware I should increase the value of
io.file.buffer.size parameter of HDFS, up to 128kb or so. [1] Does this
advice still hold true in the context of HBase? We've done a series of
performance benchmarks with the different values of it, but couldn't
observe a noticeable difference in performance. Is the default 4kb good
enough? What is the recommended value, or maybe it doesn't matter?

Thanks in advance.

[1]: Book: Hadoop - The Definitive Guide