Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "Sambit Tripathy (RBEI/PJ-NBS)" <Sa...@in.bosch.com> on 2014/11/03 13:19:31 UTC

controlling the degree of parallel imports in sqoop2

Hi,

How to control the number of Mappers in Sqoop 2? And how do you calculate the number of throttling resources(extractors and loaders), what is the default value for them?

Regards,
Sambit

Re: controlling the degree of parallel imports in sqoop2

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.
The default value is currently 10. But it's hard coded. I've created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-1657 to track this.

You can set the throttling count to set the number of mappers. This puts a
"max" on the number of partitions that can be generated (or should be).
There is a negotiation between the Sqoop2 driver and the connector. If the
connector returns more than the defined extractor throttling number, an
error is thrown. Otherwise, the job will continue.

-Abe