Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by SuperCiccio <sc...@yahoo.it.INVALID> on 2017/05/17 14:44:07 UTC

Framework 4.5

Can I build Lucene.Net 4.8 against .NET Framework 4.5 instead of 4.5.1?
Why is 4.5.1 version required?

Thanks

Re: Framework 4.5

Posted by SuperCiccio <sc...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.
Indeed, I've already built following projects with VS 2015 referencing
4.5 Framework, because I use only theese:

- Lucene.Net
- Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common
- Lucene.Net.Queries
- Lucene.Net.QueryParser
- Lucene.Net.Sandbox

I would like to know wether any contraindications exist in what I made.
However I'll let them run and see what happens.
Anyway, when possible (an when the format you tell about is stabilized),
I'll try to build entire solution in 4.5 and run tests.

Thank you

> Alright. I don't have an issue with supporting 4.5 (since we are basically just supporting the API compatibility for 4.5 the same way .NET Standard 1.0 does). But we are short-handed and ask that if you need this that you please help out.
>
> If you could try compiling on 4.5 and let us know if there are any issues to be aware of, that would be great. Or, better yet submit a PR with the changes. Note that there is a .csproj file, a project.json file, and a PROJECTNAME.project.json file for each project that all need to be updated, plus the build script in the build directory. I am fairly certain all of the dependencies support 4.5 or lower. Also, I just updated some of those files, so be sure you pull the latest before getting started.
>
> And of course, in addition to just getting it to compile, all tests need to pass on 4.5. I doubt such a small change will cause any problems, but you never know.
>
> Do note that we will likely be making the switch to the new .csproj format soon, so if you can wait, it might be better to do it after that change.
>
> Thanks,
> Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)

>>> com/dotnet/2015/12/09/support-ending-for-the-net-framework-

RE: Framework 4.5

Re: Framework 4.5

Posted by SuperCiccio <sc...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.

Re: Framework 4.5