Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Jorge Saridis <js...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/15 17:45:25 UTC

configurations

I'm new to ivy. In the "dependency" tag there is an attribute "conf", I'm
supposed to put there de configuration name. My question is, what
"->default" means?
I checked the reference documentation but i don't understand it yet.
Thanks in advance

RE: configurations

Posted by Jonathan Roberts <jr...@rjlg.com>.
Wait a minute... that's not right.

The "->default" in
<dependency org="project1" name="module1" rev="1.0"
conf="inhouse-jars->default"/>

means that for the module1 dependency use the named "default" config in
the module1's ivy file.  Most likely this config will get the
module1.jar + any of it's runtime dependencies, but it depends on
module1's ivy.xml

so the "inhouse-jars" part points to your config,
the "default" part refers to module1's config.

Posted by malepati <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jorge,
[...]

 !
 !_inhouse-jars
 !     !
 !     !__module1.jar
 !
 !_third-party
       !

Jorge Saridis wrote:

> I'm new to ivy. In the "dependency" tag there is an attribute "conf", I'm
> supposed to put there de configuration name. My question is, what
> "->default" means?
> I checked the reference documentation but i don't understand it yet.
> Thanks in advance

Re: configurations

Posted by pa...@targetgroup.net.

My guess is this is just pointing a configuration in one ivy file to a
configuration in another file called "default".

             "Jorge Saridis"
             <jsaridis@gmail.c
                                       ivy-user@ant.apache.org
             15/12/2008 16:45                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         configurations
             ivy-user@ant.apac
                  he.org

I'm new to ivy. In the "dependency" tag there is an attribute "conf", I'm
supposed to put there de configuration name. My question is, what
"->default" means?
I checked the reference documentation but i don't understand it yet.
Thanks in advance

Security System.

Target
www.targetgroup.net

Target is a trading name of Target Group Limited,
registered in England and Wales No. 1208137
Registered office:  Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF11 9AU

DISCLAIMER.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
The content of this message may also contain personal
views of an employee of this company and does
not necessarily represent the view of the company.
This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
of this message, please  e-mail support@targetgroup.net.

http://www.messagelabs.com