Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/21 22:17:58 UTC

Where does my FXG -> SVG code go?

As promised, I am getting closer to share my basic FXG to SVG
transformation stylesheet.  I propose the location:

flex-asjs (develop)/fxg2svg/

Anyone hates this proposal?  If not, I will check my code in soon with a
couple of very basic examples.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Where does my FXG -> SVG code go?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> I am guessing that you just said "flex-asjs (develop)/fxg2svg/" is good for
> now? ;-)

Affirmative.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Where does my FXG -> SVG code go?

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> I think both the FlexJS as well as VanillaSDK frameworks can benefit
> from this. So it should be available to both. I don't know much about
> XSLT, but if it 'converts one into another', I think it should
> ultimately go with that other thing that 'converts one into another',
> FalconJx.

Makes sense.  Obviously you will have a better idea where to plug it in
after seeing my code.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
Erik,

I'm not talking about compiler plugins here. But yeah I see your point
with the MXMLJC front end.

Don't worry about it, I just wanted to put it on the record. If there
was a change I will probably be the one that does it. :)

Anyway, as long as we keep doing it the way were are, the only coupled
part to this change is the MXMLCJS front end which would then become
abstract an call backends through a standardized API (with plugins).

Mike

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Where does my FXG -> SVG code go?

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
I also have an opinion of this;

Seeing as the code is getting large, I am going to suggest in the
future before any 1.0 release that we create a whole new sub project
repo with all the emitters and publishers.

 From a framework perspective and the future of falconjx, I don't

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Where does my FXG -> SVG code go?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/22/13 12:29 AM, "Om" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For now it is just an XSLT file.  This converts a given spark skin (fxg)
>  into a valid SVG document with inline CSS.  I was hoping you or Erik will
> help me figure out how this would go into the workflow :-)  I am not too
> familiar with you folks' current work.  I will go through that workflow
> when I get a chance.
>
> My current goal is to try and have a basic spark skin class converted to
> SVG/CSS to validate this approach.

OK, I don't think we have FXG plugged into the tool chain yet.  I guess
someone will have to write the java code to process the XSLT as part of the
compilation process.

I'm not sure the default spark skin classes are made up of FXG.  But
certainly there are a pile of FXG assets in the sample themes you can try.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Where does my FXG -> SVG code go?

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by DarkStone <Da...@163.com>.
I don't hate this fxg2svg proposal at all, it is a must have feature.

What will it be if flex to HTML/JS doesn't support vector graphics?

Bitmap image is big and has scale problem, FXG/SVG is light and scales well.

If anyone worries about GPU rendering, there is a way to dynamically convert fxg graphics to bitmap texture, so it can be uploaded to the GPU, as a result your app file size is much smaller than embedding bitmap images, this is how you do it:
http://in4ray.blogspot.com/2012/12/starling-vector-textures.html

They even create a SDK for this, check
http://firefly.in4ray.com/

Sent from DarkStone's iPhone