Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/07 17:14:42 UTC

Extension documentation for website

I've started on a website page documenting the script container, still a
very rough draft, but I'm wondered whats required for the documentation of
each extension.

What i'd like to do is get the doc for one extension looking ok so it can be
used as a template for all the others, and then just copy the xml, editing
the content where required for the particular extension. For things like all
the script containers the doc will be be very similar, even for different
extension types there's likely a lot of common xml and it would be good to
have the doc for them all looking similar.

The one I've started on is at:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/ant/container.script/doc/sca-java-container-script.xml.
To build that you need to check out the site and copy that to the
site-author directory and build the website as described at:
file:///C:/SCA/SVN/site/site-publish/site_development.html.

So are there any suggestions on the content, layout, required sections etc
that would be a good model? More text / less example scdl? For each
container should there be examples for things like references and properties
or should those be assumed to be described elsewhere? More/less detail about
why the particular extension is useful? Use cases showing how you might use
it?  Or anything else you can think of? I'm a bit rubbish with designing web
pages so would anyone else like to help or take this on?

   ...ant